Mississauga College of Technology
|Tel: 905.232.8628||Fax: 905.232.1672|
Address: 240-33 City Centre Dr. Mississauga, ON. L5B 2N5
Oracle Database Workshop II <ODBA122>
ScopeThe scope of this workshop is to primarily and effectively focus on managing, tuning and recovering the database and its resources.
ObjectiveThe objective of this workshop is to provide hands-on experience through which the students shall be able to work and manage independently and confidently on the oracle database server.
- Recap of oracle Instance and database structure
- Design and implement the Configuration of Recovery manager (RMAN)
- Creating and recovering backups through RMAN
- Understanding and Implementing Flashback technology
- Managing Flashback technology
- Tuning and managing SGA through dynamic and special views
- Tuning and managing database and resources
- Tuning SQL statements
- Accomplishing task with scheduler
- Database Cloning concept
AchievementsApart from managing and tuning the database and resources, the student shall be able to back-up and then recover database with different techniques using different scenarios. With hands-on experience the students shall achieve more confidence while working in the production environment.
Pre-requisitesSQL , DBA workshop I
AudienceProgrammers, Developer, Systems Analysts, Data Warehouse Builders, Technical Writers, Technical Manager, Project Manager, DBA
Copyright © 2012 Mississauga College of Technolog All Rights Reserved