Mississauga College of Technology
|Tel: 905.232.8628||Fax: 905.232.1672|
Address: 240-33 City Centre Dr. Mississauga, ON. L5B 2N5
Introduction to Data warehousing <ODWH501>
ScopeThe scope is to initiate the complete infrastructure, importance of Data Warehousing, and moderately practically experience enabling students to adopt a carrier in Data Warehousing.
ObjectiveUnderstanding the infrastructure of Data Warehousing and ETL Concept, with hands-on experience the students will be able in follow their career in data Warehousing field confidently.
- - Understanding data Warehousing, its goal need and History
- - High level implementation steps and putting them together
- - Industry demand (Assigning Case Study)
- - Normalization
- - De-normalization
- - OLAP
- - Multi-dimensional OLAP (MOLAP)
- - RELATIONAL OLAP (ROLAP)
- - Dimensional Modeling
- - Process of Dimensional Modeling
- - Extraction, Transaction and Loading (ETL) Cycle
- - Issues of ETL
- - ETL Data Cleansing
AchievementsApart from understanding DWH lifecycle and ETL the student shall be able to work with DataPump, SQL Loader and Oracle Warehouse Builder confidently.
Pre-requisitesSQL, Any database experience
AudienceProgrammers, Developer, Systems Analysts, Technical Writers, Technical Manager, DBA, Pursuing DWH professional, Project Manager
Copyright © 2012 Mississauga College of Technolog All Rights Reserved