Mississauga College of Technology
|Tel: 905.232.8628||Fax: 905.232.1672|
Address: 240-33 City Centre Dr. Mississauga, ON. L5B 2N5
Introduction to Oracle PL/SQL <OPLSQ112>
ScopeThe instructor-lead course will cover the basic structure of PL/SQL, to interact with database server with the design features of Programming languages including DML and query statements of SQL within procedural units of code.
ObjectiveThe objective is to interact the database server, and manipulate data through PL/SQL unit.
- Recap of DML, TCL statements and Transaction
- Recap of DCL and DDL statements
- Introduction to PL/SQL Environments, Benefits
- Declaring Variables and Executing PL/SQL Blocks
- Writing executables Statements
- Connecting and interfacing the Oracle Server using DML statement
- Writing Control structure using IF THEN ELSE, CASE, BASIC Loops, WHILE Loops, and FOR Loops
- Working with Composite Data Types PL/SQL Records, % Rowtype attribute, INDEX by tables
- Writing Explicit Cursors
- Exceptions Handling
AchievementsApart from recapping SQL the students shall be able to interact with database server and manipulate data.
Pre-requisitesSQL, knowledge of SQL or Access
Copyright © 2012 Mississauga College of Technolog All Rights Reserved