Mississauga College of Technology
|Tel: 905.232.8628||Fax: 905.232.1672|
Address: 240-33 City Centre Dr. Mississauga, ON. L5B 2N5
System Analysis and Design Part 1 <SYSD201>(Data Modeling Part 1)
ScopeTo understand complete project lifecycle, analyzing, designing, implementing and documenting the existing manual system into a computer base system.
ObjectiveTo provide students instructor lead classes and hands-on experience while analyzing and designing a database system.
- - Project Life CyclePhases of project lifecycle, system development life cycle and steps
- - Concept of Feasibility Study, Request For Proposal, Preliminary StudyKinds of feasibilities, steps involved in Preliminary study
- - Writing a Preliminary study [Assigning a Project]Initiating a study, following the steps
- - Data Flow DiagramsUsing SSADM technique, symbols and its importance
- - Analyzing a systemApplying level 0 and 1
- - Designing a Data flow Diagram [Case Study 1] and [Case Study 2]With the help of Case study, creating a DFD a project, discussing activity process samples
- - Entity Relation DiagramsUnderstanding different techniques such as CROW Foot, Shadow etc…Designing an ERD for the project
- - Normalization1NF, 2NF, 3NF and Boyce code, Normalizing Project Database
- - Creating a database using ACCESS or ORACLECreating relations and establishing constraints
- - De-normalization
- - Concept of OLAP, MOLAP, ROLAP and Dimensional Modeling
AchievementsThrough knowledge and hands-on experience the students are able to analysis a system, and design a database independently.
Pre-requisitesComputer knowledge, knowledge of SQL will be a plus
AudienceBeginners, Programmers, Developer, Technical Writers, DBA
Copyright © 2012 Mississauga College of Technolog All Rights Reserved